STIC Info Session (In-person)
Date: September 22, 2021
Time: 5pm - 6pm
Darbar to-go dinner will be available.
Please bring Stanford ID and show your Green Health Screen Badge at the door. RSVP in Handshake
Speaker name(s) – Christopher Leader, PhD ‘15 and Aakarshan Dhakal, BS‘19
- Chris Leader, Stanford Geophysics 2009-2015, first joined Schlumberger in 2016 as a High Performance Computing engineer in the Schlumberger Software Technology Innovation Center (STIC). He is now HPC Manager for Schlumberger geophysics.
- Aakar Dhakal is a recent CS alumni. He just completed his second year at the Software Technology Innovation Center of Schlumberger. He is working on projects related to distributed computing and ML ops.
- We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. In over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology that transforms how work is done for a sustainable future.
- We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people’s energy. We’re looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions, embrace the power of digital, and push the limits of what’s possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
- Learn how we apply contemporary technologies to a variety of real-world problems, including machine learning, fluid dynamics, wave propagation, optimisation, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, IOT, distributed sensors, edge computing, and many more.
- Come hear more at our fully catered info session on Sept 22 in Allen Building room 101x.